WHAT IS THE “BEHIND THE SCENES” LINK UP?
Social media and online relationships can make us feel like everyone else has it all together. We’re edited, proof-read, Pinterest-perfect versions of ourselves (or so some might think!) when – in reality? There is an unfinished pile of laundry around the corner. That cute toddler smiling for the camera just had a massive meltdown seconds ago. That yummy breakfast-for-dinner you just showed us on Instagram? It’s because the cat licked the chicken that was supposed to be for dinner.
“Behind the Scenes” is a fun link up where we show those photos – but tell the real story behind them. The sneak peek behind the scenes, a look past the edges of the photo to the real life behind it. Read more here!
God was at work in some crazy ways at Allume this past weekend. I’ve re-written this sentence about 20 times, trying to capture the weekend with the right words. God kept me on my toes – running consistently about 5 minutes later than I would have preferred from the time my feet hit the airport in Greenville to the time they caught the shuttle home. In a move that was simply God knowing what was best for me, I never had time to get nervous about meetings or speaking – or, to my personal frustration, time to prepare. I had no other option than to walk in obedience, trusting that He would take care of the details, because at no point in the weekend was I worthy to be doing anything I was doing.
- I’m not a speaker – yet I was part of a panel with women I admire greatly.
- I’m not a “big” blogger – yet I had lunch with women I consider in that category, and they knew who I was.
- Any time I thought I knew what I was doing, I would stick my foot in my mouth or act a fool in front of someone I desperately wanted to meet.
- I’m a mama who is passionate about community and I was able to share that with two wonderful women.
- I’m type-A and love taking notes at conferences – but God put it on my heart to just sit and be filled. To overflowing.
- I hate crying in public – and then Jennie Allen went and had me ugly sobbing all over sweet Anna.
- Any planning I was supposed to do never happened – and when I got down low, God was raised high and filled my empty places.
It was a backwards, unexpected, plan-free, grace-filled, hands-raised, dry bones becoming flesh, worship-filled, laughter-full, self laid low weekend with sweet sisters.
If you were at Allume and we met, I’m so glad. And I’m so sorry if my introverted side took over and I said something strange, forgot to encourage you, failed to listen to you, or missed an opportunity to pray with you.
If you were at Allume and we didn’t get the chance to meet? I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to do that – I would have loved to have had the chance, but I pray that God connected you with a community of women who loved on you like crazy!
Behind the scenes of a four day blogging conference for Christian women was a God who melted my mind with the awesomeness – and a community of 450 shining stars whose lives will never be the same.