Did you try last week’s recipe? I’d love to know what you thought! I’m always on the look out for new, family friendly, healthy recipes so if you have one, will you leave a link in the comments so I can pin it to try later?
Today’s recipe is another “go-to” for me out of the new Fixate cookbook because I LOVE dessert, and this one makes brownies feel guilt-free (though I actually prefer to make them as muffins). If you love it & want to try more recipes, you can grab a copy of it here.
Flourless Chocolate Chickpea Brownies
Serves 16 (container equivalents, if you’re doing 21 Day Fix: 1 yellow per serving)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup organic grass-fed butter or extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Prehead oven to 350.
- Line 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.
- Cut into squares.
- Makes 12 muffins (line muffin tin with liners and bake as directed)
- Use an 8×8 pan for thicker brownies
- Substitute cannellini beans for garbanzo beans for smoother brownies
Enjoy! If you make it, let me know what you thought – and were you able to trick any picky eaters in your home into enjoying a healthy treat this week?
DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just complete the giveaway widget below. Good luck, and thanks for reading!