I love food. A lot. When we went out for dinner at the Influence Conference I was with gals who’d eat maybe a third of their food while I inhaled mine. Indianapolis has good food, y’all, and I was not about to waste that experience. Since I know I love food, and God has created me to enjoy yummy things, I thought I’d spend Thursdays in this series sharing some of my favorite healthy recipes!
Portabello Mushroom and Goat Cheese Omelet
Serves 1 (container equivalents, if you’re doing 21 Day Fix: 1 green/1red/.5 blue/1 tsp)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil (divided use)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine eggs, water, salt & pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tsp oil in same skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add eggs. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set add mushrooms & cheese. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Gently fold in half.
- Serve omelet immediatley, garnish with parsley if desired.
- Red bell peppers & parmesan cheese
- Spinach and feta cheese
- Broccoli and cheddar cheese
- Asparagus and provolone cheese
Enjoy! If you make it, let me know what you thought – and if you substituted ingredients, what was your favorite combination?