I’m over at (in)courage today sharing my heart for living authentically – a deep desire of my heart to know and be known and give God the glory through it all. Here’s part of the post – will you click over & read the rest? I’d love to see you there today!
I’ve recently become passionate about the idea of authentic living. I wonder – in real life and online, can we be women who live unfiltered lives? Not a call to use words carelessly, over-share, or end all creativity, but to say “Here I am. Just as God made me.” Can we share the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful and bring God glory through our authenticity? Can we be women who embrace imperfection?
Can we say…
- I struggle with anger – but trust God to give me peace
- I’m insecure – but believe God’s plan for my life is good
- I’m not a strong speaker – but know that God will give me the message
- I worry – but have faith that God’s way is best
- I struggle with envy – but trust God knows why it’s not yet my turn
- I’m not perfect – but God will fill in where I am weak
Behind the screen, inside the carefully chosen photos, status updates, brief meetings at the grocery store and blog posts, those are all true statements about me. I barely make it through the day without asking God to come fill in one of those weaknesses, sometimes repeatedly.