Time Management Tip: Live a life worth writing about
Some of my best inspiration for writing comes when I’m furthest away from my computer. It’s in the moments when I’m out with friends, drinking coffee and laughing. Or on a drive through the mountains in the fall on the way to spend time with family and I see the way the golden sunlight breaks through the changing leaves and reminds me that even our most wonderful seasons change and transform. Sometimes I’m inspired at our daughter’s soccer games, watching how kids play hard and laugh loudly and keep trying even when things don’t go the way they planned.
Sitting at my computer is where I get a lot of work done, and where I can see what others are doing, but it rarely inspires me to be more creative or explore new ideas. Often it leads to comparison, doubt, and frustration. Your work is important, but so is your rest. We need to live lives outside of our work that inspire us to write, pray, sing, create, organize, encourage, or try something new.
Inspiration: “Inspiration usually comes during work rather than before it.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
Resource (affiliate link): PowerSheets® Bundle
You guys! Lara Casey was one of my biggest inspirations when I was writing “Holy Hustle,” and her PowerSheets® are an incredible resource as you look forward to implementing these time management tips this year and in 2018. In case you aren’t familiar with them, PowerSheets® help you uncover purpose-filled goals and plan action steps to make what matters happen. Perfect for anyone—moms, students, creatives, entrepreneurs—who needs a grace-filled system that works! When you purchase the accessories bundle and one-year workbook together you’ll get:
- 12-month dated monthly workbook with January 2018 start month
- 188 pages of inspiring quotes and worksheets (12 more than 2017 // 21 additional full-color pages)
- Additional prep work pages are more thoughtful and less repetitive
- 2 pages of colorful stickers
- Sturdy, yet flexible spiral binding and full-color tabs
- Water-resistant, flexible cover with rounded corners
- Free bonus materials, including a “Word of the Year” card, encouragement postcard, and inspirational desk card
- Worksheets include the Goal Action Ideas, Monthly/Weekly/Daily Tending Lists, Relationship Tending, Cultivating Gratitude, Big Dreams page for big ideas, What Fires Me Up, Things I Want to Learn/Things I Learned, and more!
- Includes exclusive access to the exclusive Cultivate What Matters community and PowerSheets Facebook Group!
- Cultivate What Matters Sticker Book
- Brand new! Tending Tape
- Fruitful Friendships Workbook
- Cultivate What Matters Pen Set
You’ll want to buy your bundle today to get the discounted price and free shipping though, so go grab yours!