The Declare Conference is at the end of this month, and no matter how many times I travel without my family, I always feel excited, slightly terrified, and start feeling homesick before I’ve left the house. Fortunately my brain is already wired to function on very little sleep (thank you, toddler), so I know I can handle the late night chat sessions and brainstorming of awesomeness.
1. I am passionate about building community, social media, and helping others and I love working in a creative field where I can dream big
2. Although “words of affirmation” ranks high on my official love languages list, coffee and chocolate are tied for first place. Ahem. Nutella is my love language.
3. I am married to my high school sweetheart (we’ve been together for 13 years and married for 7) and we have a toddler, Madison, who will be 2 in November 🙂
4. If I’m feeling homesick or overwhelmed I’ll be very quiet (and probably contemplating in my head how to sneak away with a plate of cupcakes). So come hug me and distract me!
5. If I meet you on Friday and then re-introduce myself on Saturday, it’s me…not you. I’m horrible at remembering people – names, faces, etc. – and unless you wear the same outfit all weekend, it’s highly likely I may forget that I sat at the same table with you at dinner the night before. And yes..this scenario has actually happened.
6. I am an introvert (ISFJ if we’re going to be specific…hehe..) but put me in a small group setting with just a few people and I’m good to go 🙂
7. I no longer have the ability to sleep in, so you’ll likely find me in the lobby early in the morning on FaceTime with my family, inhaling a cup of coffee. Also, I can also be ready to go in under 20 minutes – no fuss for this faux-hawk rockin girl!
8. I will probably pack ALL THE THINGS just so I have lots of options. And then repack to make room for swag. Hint. There will be swag. Plan accordingly.
9. I have an identical twin 🙂
10. I’ll be bringing my awesome conference binder with me!