It’s that time again, where we write our hearts out for five minutes, hit publish without editing (which isn’t unlike how I normally write), and then link up at lisajobaker.com. If you’re new to Five Minute Friday, we’d love for you to join us! This week the prompt is: Mighty
None of us can do it all.
We aren’t superheroes.
But that doesn’t make us weak.
Sometimes the fact that I can’t do it all, say it all, write it all makes me feel like I’m less-than. That what I can do doesn’t matter and trying my hardest isn’t worth it. But we are mighty. Not in our own strength, but because God promises to fill in those gaps. When we stop trying to fit worth into a big platform shaped box, we realize that we can do mighty, world-changing, hope-bringing, life-giving things really well – in small ways.
- By listening to a friend.
- When we give to a cause we care about.
- In sponsoring a child.
- When we buy a book and share it with a friend because we know her heart needs to hear the message, too.
- In sending that email to cheer for someone instead of choosing envy.
- By telling our story so someone else can hear it and say “it’s not just me.”
- When we stop feeling guilty about the path God has us on and start to simply choose to obey His will.
“Mighty” doesn’t come packaged in big muscles, loud voices, or front-page news. It comes in the quiet strength of women who choose to make a difference in the world because they know they aren’t superheroes. But their hearts are home to the One who is more awesome than any storybook character.
My amazingly talented friend Lisa-Jo is celebrating the launch of her first book on April 1st! Woohoo! If you haven’t already pre-ordered a copy of “Surprised by Motherhood,“ I highly recommend it. Whether you are a mother, have a mother, or know a mother, you will love this book. And you don’t need to wait until next week to buy it – it’s been spotted in stores already! Yay! This is the type of motherhood book that will feel like a heart-friend sitting down with you for coffee to say “Yes. Me, too.” And you will love it 🙂
*Affiliate links may be included