I’ve completely overpacked a bag for a one night trip. My stomach is a mess of nervous knots and I’m equal parts excited and anxious. You see, God has closed the doors on all speaking invitations for me this year. It took me awhile to accept that “no” because I really want to love speaking. I want to be able to reach women with words and I want to inspire.
But His “no” was a reminder that it’s not about what I want but what He needs. And now I’m headed on a road trip to help my team kick off a series of real life (in)courage meetups. No computer screens or recorded video. Just a one-hour girl’s night out to eat cupcakes and make some new friends.
At (in)courage we say you’ll “find yourself among friends” – around here it’s where faith & friendship come together. However you say it, I can see why God was saving space for me to do this. But if you think of us this weekend, a prayer wouldn’t be wasted.
- For our team as we travel & gather to set up.
- For the women who are so bravely joining us tonight.
- For the words that will be shared and the friendships made.
- For the LifeWay team that is working today to prepare for tomorrow’s Priscilla Shirer simulcast.
- For Priscilla as she travels and prepares to speak.
- For all the women who are leading and learning and laughing together this weekend.
May our anxious hearts be filled with warm welcomes and our doubts replaced with blessed assurances that we don’t go into this – whether to serve or speak – alone.
Oh and follow me over on Facebook because there “might” be some live video chats while we’re there!