Last week I shared a post on Instagram that ended up being one of my favorites of the entire year. I posted a selfie (because…well…Instagram) and captioned it with a few “confessions” – things that were gut-level true about where I was that day, what I was doing, and what I didn’t care about.
And maybe about my hair turning gray.
With the launch of Clarity Coaching this week I’ve been thinking about who it is I want to write for and how I can serve her. Here’s another confession: I wanted this blog to be so many things for so many people and it’s turned into a little bit of everything that just confuses all of you. I get that. You never know if you’re going to get a post about encouragement, Scripture, fitness, friendship, motherhood, or blogging.
As much as I’m completely done with trying to write like someone else or do all the big, popular things, I’m also so very tired of feeling unfocused on these pages. Here’s what I’ve learned the last few months:
- You love a focused series
- You respond in big ways when I’m really authentic & honest
- You don’t really care that much about my health & fitness journey (totally fine)
- I love to share tips, products, and resources that help you in your journey
I also know that I’ve been terrible at asking you to do things, like sign up for my email list, because I assume it’s not worth signing up for. So I’m praying about some ways to change that, to give you a reason to sign up for something that offers you value – not just another email in your inbox. I started with this week’s Holy Hustle exclusive campaign, and we’ll see where it goes from there! I have a feeling God might be up to some exciting things in 2017, and I want you to come along with me!
As I go through this process of focusing, I want to hear from you. Here are some questions to consider if you’d like to respond in the comments!
- Is there a topic you love that I write about?
- Is there a topic, tool, or resource you wish you had access to that seems to be missing from the blogs you visit?
- Would you rather receive an email every day a blog post goes live, or a newsletter recap at the end of the week?
This is all “holy hustle” for me – quieting down the noise of what the world says we should be doing and focusing, instead, on making the most of the gifts God has given us.