Um. Hi. Apparently two Fridays have gone by since the last “favorites” post. I warned you that I was terrible at sticking with a series. I could blame the weather (it is ETERNALLY WINTER) or sickness or travel, but honestly? I forgot. And then when I remembered it was 9pm on Friday and I just didn’t have it in me to throw a post together.
But here it is, on a Thursday, and I’m doing it! And also wondering if I can get this done before I need to leave for the dentist (after wasting an entire hour at the DMV earlier, my adulting is at an 11 today). So…this might be short and sweet, but at least it’s something!
- SHE Leads – technically what I’m loving right now is the opportunity to speak to women and encourage them to embrace exactly who God has created them to be. We’re going to shut up some “shoulds” and I might even share the journey I’m on to get back to the person I used to love – sass and snark and all. But if you want to come hang out, grab your ticket to SHE Leads! I’ll have some other events to announce soon.
- Podcasting – guys. I have SWORN I would never start a podcast. The tech side of it has always been super intimidating and I just didn’t really have a vision for it. But we needed one for work, so now I’m hosting it and loving every minute. And I’m even figuring out the tech stuff! There are too many posts that share mics and tools and stuff, so I want to hear from YOU about the podcasts you’re loving lately. I have 4 that I listen to all the time and could use some new ones. Nothing news-related or serious though.
- This water bottle – I hate drinking water. It’s boring and I don’t have time to walk to the bathroom 100 times a day, but I’m doing a reset thing and have discovered that I do much better if I can drink all my water out of one container without refilling 10 times. Bonus: it weighs so much when it’s full it doubles as my workout. Hey, biceps.
- These YA books – or maybe they’re middle grade? I don’t know or care – they’re delightful. The storytelling is genius, they’re original, I love a solid female protagonist, and I zipped through them in just a few days. I’ll admit the first book took awhile to get going but once it did, I was hooked and the second one was just as good Definitely a winner if you or your kids enjoy some magical realism in your fiction.
- Bethel Victory Album – OBSESSED. I’m taking a creative leadership coaching class right now and one of the recommendations was to make a soundtrack for the different tasks you do and some of these have definitely been helping me this week.
If you happen to have an event coming up in 2019 or 2020 and you’re looking for a speaker, I’d love to hear about it! Pop over the “contact me” page and let’s connect!